Find Your Location

Receive Up To $1500 To Retire Your Vehicle

Have an old vehicle you would like to get rid of?  The State of California’s Bureau of Automotive Repair is willing to pay individuals who meet eligibility requirements up to $1500 for retiring their old vehicle.  The program is call the Consumer Assistance Program (CAP).  The Consumer Assistance Program is administered by the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) and is designed to help improve California’s air quality.  Through the program, a consumer may retire a qualified vehicle and receive $1000 or up to $1500 if the consumer meets low income eligibility guidelines.  Also, through CAP, consumers who own a vehicle that fails its biennial Smog Check inspection may be provided up to $500 in financial assistance toward emissions-related repairs.  You may retire your vehicle at any time if you and your vehicle meet eligibility requirements.  Some of the major requirements include that you must be the registered owner with vehicle title issued in your name, vehicles undergoing an initial registration in California are ineligible and the vehicle must be able to be driven to a CAP contracted dismantler under its own power.  These are just some of the requirements, the websites FAQs provide more answers. To apply for the CAP, you can obtain an application online.  Click here for application. Applications are processed within seven to ten business days.  If you are approved, you will receive an official Letter of Eligibility with specific instructions on how to retire or repair your vehicle.  For more information and to visit the Bureau of Automotive Repair’s website, click here.
Call For Pricing

Contact Us for a Quote

Speak with Tom in SA Recycling


Looking for a Different Location?
Click Here